Thermaltake has added a new darling to its well-known Massive23 group of laptop notebook coolers called the Massive23 LX. The Massive sequence of coolers is geared towards individuals whose laptops are larger and high performing. Laptop coolers are a perfect means of keeping your laptop cool and most notably, it keeps your laptop working fast and consistent. Many laptop users have complained of the inability of their laptops to stay cool simply because their laptops are too proficient for their confined case space! Luckily, there is no need to downgrade your laptop computer to avoid overheating.
What we Love about the Thermaltake Massive23 LX
The Thermaltake Massive23 accomplishes the symmetry between performance and price. With its substantially oversized 230mm mega-quiescent fan, the Massive23 LX successfully thrusts amazing quantities of air while generating imperceptible noise output. Regardless of its reasonable price, Thermaltake has not forgotten about what makes a laptop cooler good quality, like the two USB ports added to the side. The Massive23 fits laptop sizes from ten to seventeen inches which means it is a great choice for notebooks and gaming laptops alike. We recommend measuring your laptop before buying, of course.
The Massive23 LX does not disappointment and lives up to it’s distinction with a sizeable feel. The plastic and aluminum body has superb build quality attributes minus any sharp or rough edges. The black anodized-finished of the aluminum is sleek and up-to-the-minute and should be able to take some extensive wear and tear.
This oversized laptop cooler has a space age looking blue LED light. Fortunately, Thermaltake incorporated an on and off switch to turn the light off without turning the fan off as well.
Assembled with a massive 23cm all-embracing cooling fan, which is quiet when in use, it drives a huge amount of air in the direction of the laptop, effectively cooling it down to a steady, secure temperature. What’s so awesome about this product, in addition to the big-cooler and mesmeric design, is that it can be conveniently used in random places and awkward positions like in bed or with crossed legs due to its ergonomic form.
- Blows Air Towards Base of Laptop
- USB Cable Storage-Drawer
- Black Metal-Mesh Modern Design
- 230mm Blue-LED Fan
- Ergonomic Angle Construction
- 2-USB Ports & USB Powered
- Perfect for 10″-17″ Laptops and notebooks
- Maximum noise is only 17 dBA or 10% RPM
- Handles permits users to carry the cooler easily with one or both hands
- 3-Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
- Maximum Airflow: 54.6 CFM
- Power On & Off Switches
- Complete Fan Exposure of Laptop Bottom
- Heat-sink Material: Plastic and Aluminum
- Fan Measurement: 200x200x20mm
What’s not so Cool about the Massive23 LX Laptop Cooler?
Unfortunately, most gadgets have their flaws and the Massive23 LX is no exception. Here are a few un-cool features about this product.
- The Massive23 is constructed of light-weight aluminum and plastic; however, it is rather heavy. This makes it somewhat uncomfortable to use over long stretches of time. In spite of this, short periods of time perhaps around an hour or so should be no problem.
- The no-slip pads are a tad small. The match-up is inadequate with a large sized laptop. Some users feel that if the pads were larger and square they would be more effective.
- The vent-holes at the base are too large.
- The USB cable is too lengthy and a bit loose
- The cool air only contacts the border of the laptop, so if anything in the middle requires cooling, the cooler does not access that area.
- The fan makes a very distinctive vibrating sound, which makes some users feel that it could go out within a short amount of time.
The Thermaltake Massive23 LX cooling pad is an excellent laptop cooler. Even with minor negatives, it functions while effortlessly. The design is super-cool, meticulous, functional and stylish. Even though your usage will vary in regards to how well it operates with whatever laptop you are using, the overall performance shows that the Massive23 LX can hold its own in the world of laptop coolers. In addition, it is good value for money. You can purchase this product anywhere online from $23 to $27.
The Thermaltake Massive23 LX laptop notebook cooler comes highly recommended. It situated in the middle as far as price is concerned, but easily rests as one of the best coolers with its outstanding performance. Problems with overheating and shutting down disappear during long Internet sittings, and if you participate in long gaming sessions, the Massive23 LX is highly recommended.